The exhilaration felt after significant weight loss is often tempered by the amount of loose, flabby skin that’s often left behind. Skin does not usually snap back into its original tautness after massive weight loss. Therefore it often takes some of the best solutions for tightening skin after weight loss, to get the body in shape.
After major weight loss, there is typically a lot of extra skin on areas such as the face, arms, abdomen, thighs, and breasts, and eliminating it often requires surgical intervention. A face lift, arm lift, tummy tuck, medial thigh lift, and breast lift, are the body contouring procedures usually recommended for dealing with sagging skin in these areas.
- Facelift: A facelift pulls the skin tight, and gets rid of extra skin in the mid-face, and also the jowls and neck.
- Arm Lift: The arm lift or brachioplasty improves the contours of the upper arms, by eliminating excess skin and fatty deposits. The tighter skin makes the arm look shapely and more youthful.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck or abdominoplasty gets rids of excess abdominal skin and also tightens the muscles, giving the midriff a toned appearance.
- Medial Thigh Lift: The medial thigh lift corrects sagging in the inner and outer thighs.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift or mastopexy improves sagging breasts, by elevating them on the chest. This is done by removing excess skin, tightening the surrounding muscles, and repositioning the nipple.
Adults should not consider having these body contouring procedures done until they have achieved their desired weight.
If you have recently undergone major weight loss and would like to learn more about these skin tightening solutions, contact Accent Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Tupelo, MS. Call (662) 377-6290 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Mark Craig.