Are you looking for healthier skin? If you are, there are a variety of treatments that can improve the health of your skin including creams, lotions, chemical peels, lasers, and infrared light. In recent years, infrared light therapy has become a popular non-invasive skin treatment. But is infrared light good for your skin.
What is infrared light therapy?
Infrared light therapy involves the use of low intensity laser light to treat the skin. Infrared light is commonly provided by means of a sauna.
Infrared sauna therapy
Infrared sauna therapy involves the application of light that penetrates the skin, warming the body from the inside out. Infrared sauna therapy helps with pain relief, detoxification, weight loss, and oxygen flow.
Is infrared light good for your skin?
Infrared light has been clinically proven to help a wide variety of skin conditions, and provides lasting benefits for the skin. Below are some of the benefits of infrared light for the skin:
- Stimulates the growth of new skin cells. The new skin cells improve the appearance of the skin, and also help to heal the underlying issues causing skin conditions such as psoriasis and acne.
- Protects against skin damage and heals existing sun damage.
- Anti-aging skin benefits. Infrared light boosts collagen levels, and the increased collagen makes the skin firmer and more youthful, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- Boosts circulation and promotes detoxification, as it penetrates to the inner layers of the skin, as well as the muscles, joints, and nerves.
- Heals damaged, irritated skin. Infrared light sooths the skin and reduces inflammation.
Would you like to learn more about infrared sauna therapy? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.
If you are in the Reno, NV, area Renew MD is our featured practice.
You can reach them at www.renewmdreno.com, or by calling (775) 277-2066.